Monday 12 April 2010

With a Spring in my Step


It seems that spring has finally sprung - no, this doesn't mean the grass is riz or any such nonsense, it simply means I'm wearing three-quarter length running tights rather than full length ones. See, look at the picture, it's spring.

It's now less than two weeks to go until race day and I've been tapering like a good'un. I ran 12 miles yesterday, all on my own (his lordship's knee is still playing up, although better than it was), across the bottom edge of Hampstead Heath, down Rosslyn Hill into Camden, along the Regent's Canal to Angel, through Angel (where the Islington Tunnel is on the canal, meaning you have to come off the towpath or swim in the dark), back onto the canal and along it for another couple of miles and then back to Angel and home through Barnsbury. The good weather meant there were far more people about than usual, and most of them were in my way.

On the canal towpath, between Camden and Angel, there was a group of people sitting having a drink and a chat - they looked like the type who are usually found in rock clubs and are members of CAMRA - and as I came up to them, one of them held out his can of beer for me as though I was coming to a water station. I didn't take him up on the offer, but it did make me laugh.

Our fundraising total has increased slightly since my last post - we're up to £2,200.33 now (if someone could sponsor us something ending in 67p, we'd be very grateful!) With only 13 sleeps until race day, we're up for a final fundraising push now, so please visit our justgiving page and give us all your money. Yes, all of it. Every single last penny (or 67p as previously discussed). If you don't, I will think you are a toad, like this one:


Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment